Rules for Exhibitors
1. Open to Anyone.
2. No Entry Fees.
3. Entry forms must be delivered to the Show Secretary, by 10 pm on the Thursday prior to the Show at the latest.
4. Exhibits must be staged between 10 a.m. and 11.00 a.m. on the day of the Show and not removed until after the presentation of the prizes.
5. All Horticultural exhibits must have been grown by the exhibitor (with the exception of decorative classes 21 & 22).
6. Pot plants must have been in the exhibitor’s possession not less than 3 months.
7. Exhibitors must supply their own vases, plates, etc. No pot to exceed 200 mm diameter except Class 15 & 16 (300 mm).
8. Jars & tops with trade names should have their names covered. All jams & pickles must be labelled and dated.
9. Judges may withhold awards where no exhibit is of sufficient merit.
10. Any exhibit which, when judged, does not conform to the wording of the Schedule, may be disqualified and the entry card will be marked N.A.S. (Not According to Schedule).
11. Whilst every reasonable care will be taken of exhibits, the Society shall not be held responsible for any loss or damage.
12. Fruit Cake recipe: 230 g SR flour, 2 large eggs, 150 g sugar, 230 g mixed dried fruit (no glace cherries), 115 g butter or margarine, pinch salt, 100 ml approx of milk.
13. Victoria Sponge: 3 eggs with their weight in sugar, butter or margarine, SR flour, and jam (100 g) filled. No decoration except light sprinkling of caster sugar.
For any further notes or guidance please refer to the Summer Show Schedule